Sunday, January 29, 2006

Jackie Hite's Bar-B-Que.....

Jackie Hite's Bar-B-Que is located in Batesburg-Leesville, SC between Highway #1 and #23 beside the railroad track. The sign above is on Highway #1 as you come into Leesville from the east (Lexington side). Or from I20 approximately 30 miles west of Columbia and North(right) on Highway #34/Pond Branch Road 8 miles to Highway #1. Drive straight across #1 past the sign and you'll see Hite's on the left before the railroad tracks.
They haven't been in business as long, nor are they as big as neighboring Shealy's BBQ (probably half the seating), but I enjoy their BBQ and hash more. And their pit cooked chicken slathered in Hite's sauce (mustard vinegar typical of the Midlands of South Carolina). I've been to Hite's countless times over the years and everytime I'm in Batesburg-Leesville I pick up a pound of BBQ. Got a pound in the freezer now always ready for a quick thaw and warm up for a BBQ sandwich or two.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jackie's is my favorite. Been going there for about 18 years. Jackie and Miss Eula Mae are like family now. Jackie's sauce is the perfect blend of mustard, vinegar and black pepper. I also love his hash. I never go to Shealy's (another popular BBQ place nearby) on purpose, but will drive to Jackie's from Irmo anytime!

12:49 AM  
Blogger Orange Jay said...

Another overrated place in my book. I would rather eat spaghetti. I tried it a while back when I found Shealy's closed. As a restaurant it was okay. The meat was good, but not good BBQ. There is a difference. It was a dismal Loser! Just another BBQ wannabe for folks who don't really know their Q. Sorry. D-

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home